"In the window of a crisis we can build a better frame" - Carrie Newcomer

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Few Thoughts...

I thought when I sat down I would update about today - our drive through Port-au-Prince, seeing the tent cities, visiting the Haiti Partner schools, or the wonderful meals we all shared together. But now I'm not sure I have the energy or words to describe the thoughts swirling around in my head. So instead I will post my journal entry from yesterday. I wrote it last night by flashlight and in bullet-point form. I figured if I could at least write down nuggets of thoughts...it might spark inspiration for later entries (or start conversations between the followers of this blog and the travelers).

- goats and trash, a lot of trash
-the young boy fist pumping us as we visited his school
- tents
-chaos and confusion of the airport
- dinner: fried plantains, rice and beans, chicken with sauce, guava
-the beautiful house of John and Merline and all the people staying here
-our tents
-dinner conversations with John about his experience when the earthquake hit and daily life in Haiti
-tired, overwhelmed
- worship
- "Abundant life, abundant poverty"
- "Bonjou"

More to come - Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment